KEATINGTON CEDARS 2
ANNUAL HOME OWNER’S MEETING
Orion Twp. Public Library
Ross Ensign, Dave Kase, Dave Piziali, Raquel Donaghy, Danielle Totten, Brian Woodcock, George & Sharon Sinnott,
Mike & Carol Mansour, Ron Rippon, Keith & Elle Bernier, Carol Thurber, Rick Schultz, Tony Crimando, Matt Joshua,
Jayne Stroin, Theresa Fiorani, Phil Krause
Meeting was chaired by Dave Kase and began at 7:10p. Dave P. opened with a prayer.
Dave K. gave an overview of the agenda items.
Officer’s Annual Reports:
- Discussed the purpose of the Home Based Business Survey and why it is important to update annually.
- Provided a contractor’s matrix from info provided by residents. Will place matrix on our website with a disclaimer. Theresa F. suggested using Google docs for updates from residents to the matrix.
Vice President (Cheryl):
- Not in attendance.
Treasurer Report (Dave P.):
- 2010 Actual vs. Budget
o Opening net worth $4,027.43
o Total expenses $10,470.43
o Closing net worth $2,388.85
- 2011 Proposed Budget/ Net Worth
o Opening net worth $2,388.95
o Total income $10,407.00
o Available cash $12,795.95
o Total expenses $8,905.00
o Closing net worth $3,890.95
- Dave P. suggested we need to figure in more money for savings and legal fees.
Ross moved to approved the 2011 Proposed Budget, Elle 2nd, and the majority approved the budget, motion passed.
Danielle made a motion to increase the annual dues to $200 for year 2012.
- Brief discussion was given
- Matt 2nd the motion, 12 were in favor, 4 opposed, 4 didn’t vote, motion was passed.
- Read 2010 Annual Meeting minutes. Ross moved to approve, Dave seconded, all present approved.
Secretary’s Report was reviewed:
- Regular quarterly meetings were held, no issues or projects to handle.
- Updated Resident Directory will be out by end of March 2011. Neighbor’s business and referral ads will fund project. Theresa F. has offered her graphics services to complete the project at a reduced cost.
Discussed the KC2 Homeowner’s Association
Beach Report (Phil):
- Do we want to spend more allotted money on beach weed control? Beach association has created a task force to deal with weed issue. Discussion was given. Will wait until task force has concrete info.
- Mike suggested using local fertilizing company, Green’s Keeper because they are eco-friendly. Will look into getting a group rate for sub.
Activities Report (Danielle & Jenn P.):
- No report was given.
Webmaster Report (George):
- No report was given.
Communications Report (Ross):
- Tried to be open and fair with all neighbor’s requested communications to the subdivision. Will continue to distribute Township info to subdivision.
- Group present collectively thanked Ross for being such a good contact person for the subdivision!
New Board Members Election (every position is open):
-President: Dave K. nominated Ross, Tony 2nd, all present were in favor.
-Treasurer: Ross nominated Rick, Elle 2nd, all present were in favor.
-Vice President: Dave K. nominated Tony, Dave P. 2nd, all present were in favor.
-Secretary: Ross nominated Jayne, Theresa 2nd, all present were in favor.
-Director: Ross asked if Brian would stay on in his current position, Brian agreed. Jayne 2nd, all were in favor.
-Communications Director: Ross will stay on in his current position, Dave K. 2nd, all were in favor.
-Activities Chair: Jenn Prainito and Diane Krause accepted the appointment in absentia. All in favor.
-Webmaster: George S. agreed to stay on in his current position, Elle 2nd, all were in favor.
-Beach Rep.: Phil K. agreed to stay on in his current position, Tony 2nd, all were in favor.
A transition meeting for the outgoing board members and incoming board members will be held at a later date.
- Matt offered to assist George with the website and new technologies.
- Mike M. suggested our board keep communicating with other local boards.
- Watering hours enforcement was discussed, new board will research current policies and penalties and pass the info onto the subdivision.
- Keith B. suggested saving money on mailbox upkeep by using teen volunteers who need community service hours. He volunteered his daughter Devin and her friends to paint the mailboxes after Keith and Ross have made the necessary repairs.
o Brian W. would also suggest teens from his school to volunteer.
Ross moved to close the meeting, Elle seconded and meeting concluded at 8:40p.